Friday, February 24, 2012

Where to start?

Let's see, where to begin. I suppose the best way would be to explain the purpose of this blog. It will essentially be a log of the different projects that I get myself into. Whether or not these projects are wise investments of my time is usually determined once I've finished. If you ask my husband, those determinations are few and far between. I'm an excellent project starter but my finishing skills leave something to be desired.

Case in point: THE MEGASHED
So named by my brother-in-law. What was once two completely unremarkable, slightly eyesoreish (yup, made that up) sheds joined and became one. Here's the before pic.
These two lovely sheds actually came with the property. Originally they were not side by side but one in front of the other. I wasn't too keen on that arrangement. A few ropes and a few gentle tugs and nudges from my truck and voila, side by side sheds. Also, the trim was originally white. I had black paint left over from my fencing project and thought it would help their aesthetics. It did but not enough. No amount of paint would change the pitch on those roofs nor would it make that tiny calf shed bigger and cozier for our mini horse. Dorrit is her name and that's her bum in the picture above.

Then came the crazy idea, only one of many I routinely have.
Before this was a massive pile of pallets behind my sheds, it was a massive pile of pallets at a local sporting goods retailer. I saw them, asked the manager if I could take them off his hands and promptly made several trips to and from town. While I was giddy about my newfound treasure, my husband only rolled his eyes at my newest collection.
"You've got a year" That's all he said about it. You see, many years ago after realizing that I have hoarding tendencies, I told my ever indulgent spouse that if I don's use something that I've collected in a year, I'll toss it. So my year had begun as had the transformation of the sheds.
All I had to do now was take them all apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment